Who we Are?
HEALING HANDS FOUNDATION is a non-profit organization that was registered in the year 2010 (Reg: 081-252-NPO). The organisation seeks to be a vehicle for driving social change and empowering the community with skills, knowledge and help needed to develop and create a better society for all. The organization was born in the Central area of Port Elizabeth. Despite being a coastal town and home to many multinational companies and industries the Eastern Cape at large, Port Elizabeth included remains hugely an impoverished students’ community. There is high unemployment, high incidence of unintended pregnancies, high rate of abortion, high rate of school dropouts, unequal access to resources and general poverty.
Healing Hands seeks to address these challenges and provide women and children as well as other vulnerable groups in society a platform and a chance to realise their potential and lead a fulfilling life. The name of the organisations describes the deliberate intend to provide hands-on support services to targeted community members.
To drive social change and empower the community with skills, knowledge and support needed to develop and create a better society for all.
• To develop the capacity of vulnerable groups in society to be socio-economically empowered
• To facilitate the development of relationships and linkages between vulnerable members of society and relevant support structures
• To provide care and support to the vulnerable members of society
• To mainstream gender and sexual reproductive health issues in all project areas
• To mobilise resources for the support of vulnerable women, children in the community
We are Helping Hands
Premised on the organisational objectives, Healing Hands has embarked on a number of projects to assist the targeted community members.
ARTS AND CRAFTS
EDUCATION AND EMPLOYMENT
GENDER, SEXUAL REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH AND HIV EDUCATION
Meet Our Guardian Angels
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER